Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review: Bloodstone by Barbra Annino


File Size: 359 KB
Print Length: 332 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1470192209
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B005TOXKWC
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray: Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Source: My Own Copy


Blurb:

Book Two of the Stacy Justice Series has more magic, more mystery and more twists and turns than your average amusement park.

A long-lost sister.
A missing mother.
And murder.

All Stacy Justice wants to do is recover from the bizarre couple of weeks she's had--a whirlwind kicked off by the arson attack on her cousin's bar, the Black Opal. But just when life should be settling down, a fourteen-year-old girl named Ivy appears on Stacy's doorstep, claiming to be her sister. Ivy says their mother's life is in danger and insists that the family's magic is crucial to saving her. Sure, Ivy has Stacy's fiery red hair and green eyes--but is she really her sister? And can the secretive teen be trusted with magic?

Then a man is found dead at Stacy's grandmother's bed-and-breakfast, and she has no choice but to see where Ivy's story leads. Strange warnings appear at every turn, including the disappearance of the family's Blessed Book, and it seems someone is out to kill Stacy--again.

Picking up where Opal Fire left off, the second book in the spellbinding Stacy Justice series dazzles with even more magic, mystery, and mayhem--revealing the dark secrets of the Geraghty clan.

Author's Note: It is highly recommended that you read the first book in the series, OPAL FIRE before reading BLOODSTONE.

OPAL FIRE, Stacy Justice Book One. How far would you go to keep a secret?
BLOODSTONE, Stacy Justice Book Two. What if your whole life was a lie?
TIGER'S EYE, Stacy Justice Book Three. This time, it's personal. December 2012

Review:
I just knew when I finished the first book I knew I would love this one just as much as the first. And I was right. It was action packed from the get go and where we were left hanging at the end of book 1, those questions were answered, though we had a wild, crazy ride to get there. I have to be honest I was a bit disappointed with one of the answers. But I still loved this book anyway.

As for the characters, well you all know I just love Stacy, I think even more so in this book, she is so much fun, sarcastic, and knows how to kick butt when needed. But I have to say the winning character this time is Ivy, she is hilarious, typical(okay maybe not so typical)teenager, who shows up at Stacy's door claiming to be her sister. Then there is the rest of the characters, Monique, still the same bitchy self though, I have to admit I did feel a bit sorry for her in this book. You also get to see more of Chance (YAY). Can you tell he was my favorite from book 1. Leo, not as much but it is always funny when you see him and Chance together.

Enough on the characters I might be here all night and you might get bored with this review if I keep rambling on. Overall, this book was incredible though it did end in another cliffhanger.Which leaves me frustrated  because this time I got to wait til December to find out what happens. I am not sure I can wait that long for Tiger's Eye.

If you haven't read this series, please do! You don't know what you're missing.



Rating:
5 out 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment